Residential and commercial electrical services when you need them and at the right price.
May 8, 2020
COVID-19 has certainly turned this world upside down. When we first started hearing about this mysterious corona virus on the news back in December 2019, we assumed this was a terrible problem in some distant country on the other side of the planet. We had no idea how much it would eventually affect our daily lives.
In Canada, many businesses have been forced to temporarily close their doors. Only those businesses that are considered essential have remained open. As an essential service, Blue Crest Electric remains open and available to Lower Mainland home and business owners to assist with all your electrical needs.
HOW ARE WE RESPONDING TO COVID-19?
We understand that inviting someone to come into your home or workplace during this time can be worrisome. But rest assured, you can always feel completely comfortable with a Blue Crest Electric technician on your site.
To protect you, your family or staff, Blue Crest Electric follows safe practices to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Our technician’s tools are regularly sanitized
In addition to the shoe covers that our technicians have always worn, they now also bring gloves and masks to every job
Frequent hand washing throughout the day is emphasized
While in your home or business, social distancing is requested
Frequent temperature checks to confirm staff and technician’s health
We have modified our on-site estimating and invoicing procedures to accommodate new no contact safety measures whenever possible
We encourage the use of electronic funds transfer or credit cards for payment options instead of using cash or cheques
Frequent disinfecting of common use areas in our office
Walk in traffic to our office and facility is prohibited
With the curve beginning to flatten and the spread of COVID-19 starting to slow, we all look forward to returning to some form of a normal life again very soon.
Phantom power is when appliances and electronics continue to draw power even when they are turned off, but still plugged into a power outlet. According to BC Hydro, this adds up to about 10% of an average BC household’s annual electricity. This does not include appliances that need constant power such as the fridge, freezer,... READ MORE
Every year, Canadians die or become ill because of carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless toxic gas produced by fuel-burning appliances. If your home has one or more fuel burning appliances, or an attached garage, you should definitely have carbon monoxide detectors installed on every level of the building. Some... READ MORE